Top Trumps Football Legends
It has come to our attention that this game sometimes has difficulty connecting to the game server. If this happens, please accept our apologies, and choose another game from the list of game categories on your right.
Top Trumps Football Legends is a football slot with a retro feel. The game's underlying concept is a combination of the Top Trumps card game with the theme of international football. The featured football legends are mostly veteran players whom dedicated football fans have followed over the decades. So with one or two exceptions, you won't find the stars of today's Premier League or Serie A here.
|Min Bet per Line||$0.01|
|Max Bet per Line||$1000|
Sports event and featured athletes
This game conjures up memories of previous World Cups and the players who made them great. There are 29 featured footballers from Pele, to George Best, to Juergen Klinsmann and more. Their symbols are designed to look like classic player-stats cards. Each player appears in his national team strip, running, kicking the ball, or celebrating a goal. Six players feature in the main game, joined by another 23 in the Wall of Fame Bonus round.
- Michel Platini (France)
- Bobby Charlton (England)
- Franz Beckenbauer (Germany)
- Pele (Brazil)
- Alfredo Di Stefano (Spain)
- Johan Cruyff (The Netherlands)
Wall of Fame Bonus round:
- Wayne Rooney (England)
- George Best (Northern Ireland)
- Ronaldinho (Brazil)
- Jairzinho (Brazil)
- Duncan Edwards (England)
- Bobby Moore (England)
- Ference Puskas (Hungary)
- Lothar Matthaus (Germany)
- Ruud Gullit (The Netherlands)
- Gordon Banks (England)
- Roberto Carlos (Brazil)
- Kenny Dalglish (Scotland)
- Marco Van Basten (The Netherlands)
- Juergen Klinsmann (Germany)
- Paul Gascoigne (England)
- Eusebio (Porugal)
- Marco Tardelli (Italy)
- Gerd Muller (Germany)
- Zico (Brazil)
- Mario Kempes (Argentina)
- John Charles (Wales)
- Cafu (Brazil)
- Zinedine Zidane (France)
Each footballer's symbol displays his national flag. The pictures are authentic photographs (some in black and white) that sparkle in a payline.
- The Top Trumps Logo is the scatter symbol, its yellow lettering shatters into tiny pieces and then reforms. Three scatter symbols in a spin activate the Free Games round.
- Brazil's Pele is the Wild symbol, photographed giving the ball an almighty kick. When triggered, he melts away into sparkly yellow lettering on a spinning green background.
- The Wall of Fame Bonus symbol is a traditional sports plaque in varnished wood with bronze finishings. If it lands anywhere on reels 1 and 5, the bonus round is triggered.
- The other symbols are high-value playing cards from 10 through to King. The cards pulsate when triggered.
Wagers and jackpots
There are five reels, 15 paylines, and eight wager values from 0.01 to 5. Your maximum bet per line is 50, and 750 in the relevant currency per spin (when playing for real money). The top jackpot of 10,000 coins is yours for five Pele Wild symbols in one spin. There is no progressive jackpot.
Other Ways to Win
- The Wall of Fame Bonus is the undisputed highlight of this game. Sixteen pictures of different footballers appear on a wooden wall decorated with football medals and trophies. Select three footballers and win the prize beneath each card. Before choosing, search for your favorite player by pressing Shuffle; this adds new players to the board. One might reward you with an Extra Pick.
- The Free Games round offers 10 free spins with an extra wild that multiplies your winnings by four. If you land another three scatter symbols then an additional 10 free spins are yours.
- Gamble after a winning spin by hitting the Gamble button beneath the reels. The aim is to pick a card higher than dealer's. You can: Double (double your money or lose it all); Double Half (put only half your balance on the line); or Collect (take your winnings and return to the reels).
Music, audio and graphics
Playtech has apparently favored the mighty Brazil when choosing this game's color scheme of green, yellow and off-white shades. On the whole, the graphics are somewhat static and less intricate than those of other Playtech products. However, the packed, flood-lit football stadium in the background and the whistling and cheering fans makes for a World Cup final atmosphere. Musical sequences are to be found in the Wall of Fame Bonus round, otherwise much of the audio that accompanies paylines, scatter symbols, etc. is fairly trademark Playtech stuff and sounds very similar to what you'll hear on X-Men, for example.
The Last Word...
This is a "niche" slot, in our opinion. By which we mean that it will appeal to a section of players who will adore it (namely, keen football fans) but might leave others a little cold. Of course, it could be argued that is exactly what Playtech wanted to do. For this and other reasons, we've given at a respectable 7 out of 10.