Mad Scientist Slot
Mad Scientist is a Sci-Fi Slot with a lucrative twist. All these years the Mad Scientist has spent hidden in his laboratory, working hard, have finally paid off - he has developed an amazing serum that can turn any object into pure, solid gold. Now he invites you into his secretive world of ground-breaking, sometimes dangerous, experiments. Spin for free here at Free Slots and you'll hopefully trigger the bonus round - then you have a chance of leaving the lab with pockets stuffed with gold.
Mad Scientist is an early Betsoft slot and although its 3D graphics are nowhere near as advanced as those of recent releases (try Slots Angels or Lost here at Free Slots, for example) there are some features that make up for it. One is the "Wild'o'cution" feature in which an entire row of symbols on the reels turn into wild symbols. This is the first time we've come across such a feature at Free Slots (of course, there are the expanding wilds in Playtech games such as Fantastic Four).
|Min Bet per Line||$0.02|
|Max Bet per Line||$5|
All the symbols in this game are things you might find in the laboratory of a dedicated Mad Scientist. The animations are bland by Betsoft standards. Some of the symbols are simply lit up by a crackle of electricity when triggered in a payline; others move around and do stuff. For example, the bonus symbol, the magic serum in a test tube, is mixed on the reels as you watch.
The other special symbols include:
- Scatter - an electric switch that looks like it would give you a serious jolt
- The Wild'o'Cution symbol - a lever that triggers the special feature of the same name
- The Bio Pick Me symbol - a bio hazard symbol that launches another special feature
- Wild - a blackboard covered in the Mad Scientist's calculations
The ordinary symbols are a selection of items from the Mad Scientist's lab including a microscope, a "danger - high voltage" sign, a gigawatt measuring device, etc.
Wagers and Jackpots
Mad Scientist is a 5-reel, 20-payline game. The highest jackpot you can win on an ordinary spin is 1000 coins, the lowest is 1 coin. You can bet up to 20 coins per line thereby boosting your chances of a massive win (but also risking a bigger loss!). Your choices of coin bet range from 0.05 to 1.00 in whichever currency you play with for real money.
Other ways to win
Mad Scientist has four special features offering the chance of extra rewards:
- The Great Experiment Bonus Round - this a bonus feature with a moderate level interactivity. When three bonus symbols appear on the reels you'll be taken to the second-screen bonus feature. There you have to help the Mad Scientist choose which objects he should turn into gold (although they may come out bronze or silver!). You are rewarded for each successful experiment and the winnings are added to your prize pot. If you launched the feature by spinning more than three scatters, a multiplier will be added to your winnings from this round.
- Wild'o'Cution feature - when the Wild'o'Cution lever appears on reels 1 and 5 on paylines 1, 2, or 3 this feature is launched. It turns the entire row of symbols into wilds, thus increasing your chances of a large win.
- Bio Pick Me feature - this is an on-reels bonus feature triggered by 3, 4 or 5 consecutive bio hazard icons on an active payline. This lets you pick up a quick 175 credits (maximum) with the possibility of a multiplier too.
- Scatters pays - this is launched by 3 or more electric switches in any position on the reels.
Music, audio and graphics
Mad Scientist doesn't score that highly on audio and graphics. As 3D slots go it's fairly tame, but that's to be expected given its date of release. The Mad Scientist himself does appear on the reels and he claps when you hit a payline.
The Last Word
Mad Scientist is fun but showing its age. We can't wait to try the Betsoft's update of this game, called "Madder Scientist" - that will be coming soon to Free Slots. For the meantime, we give this slot game a seven out of ten.